Header

Header

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Private tour with my parents!

My parents have always been very good at supporting my adventures abroad. I appreciate it very much, but I also know partly why they support me; they love to have a good reason to travel, too! Naturally they would visit me here in Canada at some point, and beginning this summer my dads health was good enough to fly over the big pond! 

Less hiking, but more good food, laughter and loving going on. And lots of touristy sight seeing, which is fun too.
Taking an old steam train through the beautiful country

Together at my dear friend Lorraine
They also have met some of my friends, and really got along with my host-parents in Vancouver. It was just really nice to show them a little part of why I love living in this country so much. 
It's hard for a mother to have her daughter live so far away. And I know that. However, the fact that my mom now understands my love for this country and me wanting to stay longer, makes me feel at ease. 
(Which doesn't matter probably, without telling you more about  f&%#@ing work permit sh*t, I can tell you I am most probably going to have to leave the country before the end of this year...)

No need to hike a mountain to see beautiful mountains!
I made my mom go paddling with me on Emerald Lake,
and at the end she says it was her favorite part of the holiday!
Vancouver's totem poles
Inspired by the mermaid of Denmark, here is Vancouvers "girl in wetsuit" 

I'm of to my next tour. If anybody hears or knows about great job opportunities anywhere in Europe, shoot me a line!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry! I always have known you are a globetrotter!

    ReplyDelete